Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So many tools so little time.

I am still reading through the test-driven development book and am amazed by the number of tools/utilities that are available for Java. I am able to find some of these for C# but many don't have a counterpart in C#. I am starting to realize how serious of an undertaking practicing TDD is going to be for me. Just going through a mock/stub by hand is not easy, especially when you are just starting to create them. I do think it is a great exercise to improve your understanding of exactly what you are doing but I would not like doing it long term.

So far I am going have to learn, MbUnit, Rhino.Mock, Nester, NCover, and ReSharper, when I buy it. That is a lot to learn but in the end I will be much better off than where I started.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

RESHARPER RULES!!!

It is the WIN!!!